Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 1: Day 49



First day of riding in Oregon and it was good riding. The roads are wide and had some shoulder, but to top it off the speed limit was 55 mph... yeah. Also, the route kind a parallel's the interstate, which makes the route lot less crowded. It was a bit of a tough day, not because of all the climbing (there was a lot of it) as the mountain goat is all cool with that, but it was hot and also still the high desert country, lacking in any big trees. The scenery will change some tomorrow and I know that as all I did today was drive forward and back to check out the area and to see where to stay. I did not mind this as much today as there was not much to do in the area. It was way too hot to run and no hiking in the area (Turns out that there was a LOT of hiking in the area but I had no internet to be able to research that. I figured this out two days later when we had the internet). I could not go for a bike ride as my tailbone is more soar... why, because... one, my donut has a hole in it and it deflated. I figure it was time to retire that thing. Two, I had a little spill, yes again, yesterday (while walking backwards on to a pretty big rock) and my back is a bit bruised up and also tailbone hurts a bit more. Ironic, that George is the one who is on the bike tour but I am the one who has had a couple of falls. Well, better me than him, since I am already not biking much. We stayed in a cabin with no running water at a state park, the closest we have come to camping.Its still pretty cold at night and first thing in the morning for us to be able to do real camping.

We went from Ontario, OR to Unity, OR
Total Miles: 72

No comments:

Post a Comment