Thursday, June 18, 2009

June 17: Day Supplemental 2


We drove over a thousand miles to get to Colorado last night that way we could enjoy full day of acclimatization while site seeing. We went to The Garden of the Gods in the morning. You can probably guess from its name that it was a beautiful place. We then headed to our destination for the night at Buena Vista, since that fit the elevation requirement for us. We spent last night in Colorado Springs at elevation of around 6000 and Buena Vista is at around 8000. I felt a little more altitude sickness this time around, with some stomach issues, slight headache, and shortness of breath. George did not feel any symptoms. We stopped over to the Eleven Mile State Park area, which was also really beautiful, with water reservoir in the valley with mountain views all around (360 view).

We are really happy to be getting back on our Bike tour. Well, I am now calling it George’s Ride across and my drive and explore around America tour. Now that I have brought my mountain (instead of road) bike along, my plan is to do my own rides and not slow down George anymore. Since, these days I can’t keep up with him, while he is on his relaxed pace even with my kick ass speed. He has, rightfully so, moved on to another level of athleticism. It may get a little lonely for him to ride by himself all the time but probably not as much as driving around and exploring alone. It is hard to complain though when you are surrounded by such beautiful, breathtaking views all around.



No comments:

Post a Comment