Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 6: Day 36

Bright, sunny, and warm start of the day today. We both started our ride together. My plan is usually to go one way and turn back and get the car. We had some good (long but gradual) hills to climb. But the great thing (only for me) was that I had some really awesome downhills with a tail winds. That was a lot of fun..... In the meantime, George was facing some major head winds that soon turned to across winds. They were very high (sustained winds of with gusts up to), enough to almost knock George off the bike. Good thing that he can quickly unclip out of his shoes. If it was me, I would have been down the first time. But, I would not have tried to get back on the bike after the first one either. He did finally give up and cut his ride short. So, I ended up doing a few more miles than him (wow, when was the last time that happened). I did try to sit up more on my bike (instead of leaning over on the aero bars) and my tail bone is a little more soar from that. Oh well, we'll see what tomorrow brings. We seem to be much better today as far as the altitude sickness.

We went from Pueblo, CO to Wetmore, CO
Total (George) Miles: 28
Kitty Miles: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment