Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23: Day 43



Great day for both of us today. George set a new PR (Personal record) for the most mileage in a day. He comes in at a whopping 132 miles. We woke up at 4:35 am (again) and he was out there early and freezing. Today was the first day, since we have been in WY, that it was not windy. George wanted to take full advantage of that and so he did. He peddled and peddled all day (started at around 6 am and ended at 5 pm). The scenery in WY is just starting to change and becoming prettier. George says that he did all this mileage to get me (I say, its to get us) to Yellowstone National Park, which we both are really looking forward to visiting. I had my own mountain biking adventure. I took this random path, which seemed cool and secluded. This path lead me to this historic "Oregon Trail". It was a lot of fun as there was no one out there except lots of deer (and mosquitoes), me and my bike (oh, lets not forget my snacks). No mountain bike ride is really complete for me, without at least one fall. But the fall was not bad at all, some scraped up knees only. I found another trail (thanks to the LBS guy), but this one was a little more scarier as it was mostly single track, not a tough path but on the side of a cliff, most of the times. Since I was on my own and no one even knew that I went there, I was a bit afraid that if I fell here, no one will even know what happened to me. So, that was end of my biking for the day.

We went from Jeffrey City, WY to Dubois, WY
Total Miles: 132 (woo...hoo....)

1 comment: