Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 09, 2009: Day 8

Windiest day so far today. We woke up with a major thunderstorm. The weather forecast was for all day of thunderstorms, strong winds and rain. When it stopped storming and was raining just a little bit, we decided that George can get on the bike and his SAG vehicle will follow him, 'till thunderstorms hit again, thus George could take shelter. It turned out that it was very windy (mostly head winds) while still lots of hills but did not rain again, 'till he was done. He is now starting to feel some tiredness in his legs (well, its about time...) but did well on the hills. No walking the hills yet, but he did take one break in the middle of one of the hills (not bad I say).... the mountain goat carries on. Looks like tomorrow is even more steeper and longer climbs for the route. We met another Trans AM' er today from Amsterdam. He was not too happy with the weather, maps, and lots of other things as well. My day was pretty much a bomb today.... all I did was drive around for about 6 hours (tells you how I feel about the SAG job, any takers out there for my job? I would give it up in a heartbeat). And my one and only little fun activity of going for a 20 min. walk (on a rails to trail) ended with a parking ticket when I got back.

We traveled from Blacksburg, VA to Wytheville, VA
Stats for today: 52 windy miles, start time 8:10 and stop time 2:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment