Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30th, 2009: Day 29

Successful day with Aero bars, George's hand is feeling much better. He obviously has to learn how to ride on these bars, as he was all over the road when first trying them out and had several close calls of wipe outs. Good thing that there is little traffic on these roads. He is still facing mostly head winds. Turns out that the Aero bars really help (go faster with less effort) when riding during windy conditions. So, not a bad timing to get the carpel tunnel symptoms, while we are in the windiest state. I did some speed works during my short run today (I terribly missed my running partner). George came up with the idea of trying out Aero bars on my bike, as it may take some pressure off the tailbone. Since the weight is much more forward when using the aero bars. I am so desperate to get on the bike that I will try pretty much anything at this time. So, after the ride, off to another bike store we went (in Hutchinson). We had a great lunch at the local Mexican restaurant (suggested by the nice bike store guy), while he worked on the bike. I am looking forward to trying out the bike with these aero bars tomorrow and see if I can go further with less pain. However, I am somehat nervous about it for other reasons, such as falls. I am pretty clumsy to start out with and it seems to be much harder to control the bike when riding on the aero bars. So, we'll see....

We went from near Ebling, KS to Buhler, KS
Total Miles: 51

No comments:

Post a Comment