Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26, 2009: Day 25

Kitty on her bike.....
There were two detours due to road construction that George was able to ride through. Its interesting that for cars, both the detours said road closed but provided no other road signs for the detour. I guess only locals, who know these roads well, are suppose to be traveling on these roads. We now have met about four different Trans Am'ers, all but one has been American. Where are the Americans? Do they not want to see this beautiful country via cycling? We stayed the night in Kansas. After the ride, we needed to go to the bike store for little bike maintain for George's bike. Well... now on to last, but not least, thing for the day. I got on my bike for a ride... yeah... I would have thought. But it was pretty disappointing that I only made 2 miles and my butt was hurting. This was in the morning. I got off the bike and rested and then tried again in the afternoon. I did 5 miles then, but not without pain... oh well.... I guess I was hoping that I would have been healed better than I am at this point. I do need to remember that its still pretty cool to be able to take the time off and travel across America, even if its on my bike.

We went from Marshfield, MO to Golden City, MO
Total (George's) Miles: 81
Kitty's Miles: 7

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for allowing me to see the country through your eyes. Be safe and keep the pictures coming.
    Lakisha

    ReplyDelete